Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Denver Dan

I was in my car a lot this weekend. Thankfully, because of my Ipod, I was able to listen to nothing but Winfield family music throughout my hours and hours of driving. Maybe because it was Yom Kippur and I wasn't feeling particularly connected to my Jewish roots I listened to the Wilder's album of spirituals "On the Wings Of A Dove". If you don't own this album buy it NOW.

Deena and I had our latest checkup at the doctor, and on the way home I was in a sentimental mood. I popped in Denver Dan Forde's album and put "Hey Dad" on repeat. I didn't really get to know Dan until this year's festival, and I'm wishing that I had hung around with him more in years past. What a fabulous songwriter and person. There's just a warmth that comes through in everything about him.

Particularly, I love his writing style, and his comfort with emotional lyrics. I was so excited to listen to his album and hear how genuine the recording is. It leaves you feeling like he is sitting in front of campfire playing for you and a couple of friends late in the evening. I hope Dan doesn't mind, but I'm putting up his song "Hey Dad" for download. If you haven't heard it give it a listen and enjoy.

jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home