Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Wouldn't It Be Nice?




I hit the gym really early this morning and was pleasantly surprised to hear the Beach Boys' "Wouldn't It Be Nice" over the PA system. It reminded me that I have not listened to "Pet Sounds" in a couple weeks, which is way too long if you ask me. This, of course, got me thinking about Winfield, and one of the last conversations I had two years ago with Dave Schaper about Brian Wilson. At the time, Wilson's 30+ year creation "Smile" had just come out (which I was not aware of), and I hadn't yet heard it. Has everyone heard it? Has everyone had a chance to hear a remastered copy of Pet Sounds? If not, send me an email and I'll burn you a copy of either or both.

I found myself at the gym at 6am because I woke from a Winfield dream for the second morning in a row. You folks have ruined me. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home